Are you planning to replace your windows but have no idea how much it should cost you? It’s reasonable to be wary about the cost, especially if you’re unsure about where to start. If you’re looking to replace windows, it’s essential to determine how much you should be budgeting for the upgrade. Luckily, in this blog post, we’ll be breaking down the cost of window replacement, providing essential tips, and sharing some factors that determine the cost.
What Is the Average Cost of Window Replacement?
The average cost of window replacement differs depending on several factors. But in general, the cost may range between $300-$700 per window. However, this figure may vary based on the types of windows you’re replacing and their size. Large, custom made windows may cost up to $1,000 per window. Various features like window frame material, the type of glass, and energy efficiency may also affect pricing.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Window Replacement
When planning for window replacement, various factors may influence the cost of the project. Here are some common factors that impact the price of window replacement in most cases;
1. Window Type; the type of window you want to replace plays a significant role in the cost of replacement. Options range from single hung, double hung, sliding, or casement windows.
2. Size of the Windows; The size of each window will affect the project’s material requirements and labor, which will reflect on the total cost.
3. Frame Material; The window frame material usually affects pricing significantly. Options include Vinyl, wood, and Fiberglass.
4. Energy Efficiency; windows with a higher Energy Star rating tend to cost more a bit more, but in the long run, they save you on energy bills.
Essential Tips on Reducing Window Replacement Cost:
1. Consider Repair Instead of Replacement – Sometimes, all your windows may need is repair rather than a complete replacement. If they’re in good shape, consider repairing the glass or frame instead.
2. Compare Quotes – Always obtain quotes from at least three different contractors. Compare the quotes and negotiate the best price and service.
3. Research Window Replacement Promotions – Window replacement companies offer promotions now and then, which may save you some money. Keep a lookout for any available deals and promotions.
4. Upgrade in Phases – Replace a few windows at a time instead of all at once if you’re on an extremely tight budget.
Window replacement can significantly improve the appearance and functionality of your home. It’s a great way to add value to your property and save on energy costs in the long run. However, before embarking on the project, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the cost of window replacement. Factors like window type, size, material, and energy efficiency will affect pricing. With proper research and the tips provided above, you can obtain quality window replacement services that fit right within your budget.